Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 34


Ethan is doing MUCH better after his rough day! So little Ethan has a little hernia which basically created a road block in Ethan's intestines and was not allowing anything to pass through it, they were able to push the hernia back into place (which is GREAT and means no surgery for right now tho he will have to have it repaired before he goes home). After they pushed it back into place the X-rays looked great and were back to normal!!!! Last night Ethan pull his vent tube out, and they were able to put him on CPAP! Then tonight when I came in they had put him on the heated flow nasal cannula (he was on this a couple weeks ago) this just uses less pressure and allows him to do more of the work. He many not tolerate it we just have to see how it goes they many have to put him back on CPAP. They also started feeding him again today! and he is tolerating it! So really everything is doing much much better!!!!

As for me I have decided to stay at home for now. I am very grateful for the people and the place to stay at St. V's Home Away from Home but it was really taking a toll on me being there all the time was just really not good for me. I will still be visiting Ethan everyday (I cant stay away!) so if anyone would like to come with me just let me know! Oh and also I am going to be working some days a spengs.

Thanks for all your prayers and keep em coming! ;)
I added more pictures to the slideshow some of his first bath!

Beth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to teach you how to do a swaddle bath....premies love it!!
Nicole