Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 8, 9 and 10


I got a little bit behind! oh well! I will catch everyone up! There wasn't much to report up until last night anyway! Yesterday afternoon Ethan was put back on the Heated Flow Nasal Cannula (they tired it a few days ago but he wasn't on it for that long). This is like the CPAP was less pressure (help) that he is getting. And he was tolerating it, and doing well! In the picture you can see that this looks lot more comfortable (That is a fooler in his mouth).

Also yesterday afternoon they started feeding him breast milk! He doesn't drink it out of a bottle but he getting it from a tube that runs in his mouth and down to his belly. They are only feeding him small amounts to see how him belly will tolerate it. Like everything else his belly wasn't developed enough to digest milk when he was born.


Sean and I have been up to the hospital everyday and anytime anyone would like to go with us they are more than welcome just let us know!


Beth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happpy that you are taking the time to let us know how he is doing! We are praying for you and Ethan!
Love Jim, Anne and family

Anonymous said...

He looks so peaceful on his little tummy! I guess you are pumping since he is taking breastmilk?? you are a saint!! that is tough work. We love the updates!
Megan/Troy